[Xen-devel] Initial memory allocation for adomain (clarification) - newb

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Initial memory allocation for adomain (clarification) - newbie
From: "sting sting" <zstingx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 10:05:31 +0300
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 May 2005 07:05:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I had read "Xen and the Art of Virtualization" doc  from SOSP 2003.
I am also learning the code.

Natuarally, there were changes from that doc.

However , I want to clarify one point:
In section 3.3.4 of this doc , "Physical memory", it says:

"The initial memory allocation, or reservation, for each domain is
specified at the time of its creation; memory is thus statically partitioned
between domains, providing strong isolation."

In domain.c , we have:
struct domain *do_createdomain(domid_t dom_id, unsigned int cpu);

Now I do not see here any specified paramter denoting initial memory allocation for the domain. And as I understand, creation of the domain is done by this method, do_createdomain().

Am I missing something ?

Regards,
Sting