Re: [Xen-devel] understanding __linear_l2_table and friends

Mark Williamson wrote:
What does that have to do with PAE support in Xen? x86_64 machines
do not support PAE, and do not need it to run 32-bit applications.

OK but if you don't use the 64-bit mode at all there's nothing to stop you booting in vanilla PAE mode.

Oh, you're right. I had somehow got the impression that AMD64 boxes
didn't support PAE in "legacy mode" either, but I see that I was mistaken
(section 5 of volume 2 of the arch manual).

--
David Hopwood <david.nospam.hopwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>