[Xen-devel] DOM0_SETDOMAININITIALMEM

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] DOM0_SETDOMAININITIALMEM
From: "Michael A Fetterman" <Michael.Fetterman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:35:47 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:35:29 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is DOM0_SETDOMAININITIALMEM a deprecated hypercall?

I don't see any evidence of anyone using it in the current unstable tree.

Currently, DOM0_SETDOMAININITIALMEM and DOM0_CREATEDOMAIN
use the function alloc_new_dom_mem() inconsistently with one another,
causing debug-mode builds to crash xen when you attempt to allocate
a domain with more memory than it currently free in the system.

I think the right answer is to kill the DOM0_SETDOMAININITIALMEM
hypercall (if indeed it's not in use), and then fix alloc_new_dom_mem()
to work consistently with DOM0_CREATEDOMAIN.  Right now, it works
consistently with DOM0_SETDOMAININITIALMEM, but that doesn't appear
to have much value if no one is using that hypercall.

Michael