Re: [Xen-devel] Badness in local_bh_enable

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Badness in local_bh_enable
From: Nicholas Lee <emptysands@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:49:33 +1200
Cc: Nicholas Lee <nic-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Craig-Wood <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:49:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Apr 11, 2005 11:19 PM, Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This only happened when you had two virtual NICs enabled on a domU,
> right?
>
> It's on the list of issues to try and reproduce and investigate when we
> get a chance. Having further reports that the problem goes away with
> just a single NIC would be useful.

I have several domUs with 2 NICs.  One set hooked to xen-br0, another
(internal) set hooked to a dummy NIC/bridge.

I had this problem, but it went away when I went from 2.0.3 to
2.0.4-testing and did a (very) clean recompile of Xen. Usually I
ARCH=xen menuconfig in the kernel dir, then make in the xen dir.

Originally I think I was getting this only a domU that was using
openvpn2/tun.  Now this dom doesn't cause any problems with
2.0.5-testing.

One of the things I did was remove any modules that I didn't need.
This might have removed a module that although not loaded might have
been causing issues. I'm not sure exactly how this might work though.

Nicholas