[Xen-devel] Re: xen-unstable domU smp broken for vcpus > physical cpus

To: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: xen-unstable domU smp broken for vcpus > physical cpus
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:24:27 -0500 (EST)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 01:24:29 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Ryan Harper wrote:

> Rik mentioned in #xen on irc.oftc.net that his smp domU was crashing.
> Mine was working and we started to investigate.  Turns out that using
> xen-unstable from 2005-04-01 when domU is launched with vcpus > physical
> cpus, domU, and in my case, Xen itself crash.  Attached is the debug log
> of Xen going down.

Interesting, I haven't made Xen itself crash.  Here are the
config options that may be relevant:

CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_ARCH_XEN=y
CONFIG_NO_IDLE_HZ=y

#
# XEN
#
# CONFIG_XEN_PRIVILEGED_GUEST is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS is not set
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
# CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND_PIPELINED_TRANSMITTER is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_TAP is not set
CONFIG_XEN_SCRUB_PAGES=y
CONFIG_X86=y
# CONFIG_X86_64 is not set