Re: [Xen-devel] dom0-smp failed to execute MMU updates

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] dom0-smp failed to execute MMU updates
From: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:27:21 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:27:40 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-03-31 11:08]:

> > Included is the debug log from 20050328 xen-devel build.  SMP dom0 booted
> > fine, but being
> > used as a distcc server, gcc oopsed the dom0 kernel.
>
> Ryan,
>
> TLB flushing in SMP builds has so far never been 100% correct, so it's
> not surprising that there have been some crashes. I've just checked in
> a patch that fixes all the flush problems that I know about, so it
> would be useful to know whether you can still provoke the above bug
> (or any other bugs!).

I run builds of the nightly snapshot as a distcc host for compiling Xen
and the two kernels.  I've not been able to reproduce any of the
flushing errors I've seen previously since the 20050328 build, both 29,
30, and 31 builds have been stable.

I'll be sure to post any oops I get.  Thanks Keir.

Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx
(512) 838-9253   T/L: 678-9253
ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx