RE: [Xen-devel] poor domU VBD performance.

To: "Andrew Theurer" <habanero@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Peter Bier" <peter_bier@xxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] poor domU VBD performance.
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:17:20 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:17:34 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> tried xen-2.0.5 and xen-unstable with a sequential read test
> using 256k
> request size and 8 reader threads with o_direct on a
> lvm-raid-0 scsci array
> (no HW cache) and got:
>
> xen-2-dom0-2.6.10:  177 MB/sec
> xen-2-domU-2.6.10:  185 MB/sec
> xen-3-dom0-2.6.11:  177 MB/sec
> xen-3-domU-2.6.11:  185 MB/sec

Please can you try a simple 'dd if=/dev/sdaXX of=/dev/null bs=1024k
count=4096'
to read 4GB from the partition both in dom0 and domU.

When booting, I get the following output, which I presume is the
default?
 elevator: using anticipatory as default io scheduler

Thanks,
Ian