[Xen-devel] RFC/Patch: Build changes for cross-compilation

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] RFC/Patch: Build changes for cross-compilation
From: Michal Ostrowski <mostrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:15:09 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:03:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Attached is a number of changes to the build system that I've been using
to enable cross-compilation.  The biggest change is the introduction of
a "Config.mk" file that is included by all Rules.mk files.

Config.mk is intended to define things common to all aspects of the
build.  This can reduce duplication of definitions across various
makefiles throughout the tree and provides a convenient, single location
to define the toolchains to be used.

This is by no means a complete answer to cross-compilation issues (e.g.
python still assumes "gcc" is the compiler to be used).

Comments/suggestions appreciated.

--
Michal Ostrowski <mostrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>