[Xen-devel] Re: A tale of three memory allocators

Rik van Riel <riel <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Two out of three is enough.  I don't see the need for
> both CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM and CONFIG_VIRTUAL_MEM_MAP.

Well, we need it for sn2.  We have very large memory holes within a node, so
we use the virtual memmap to make the mem_map array within a node virtually
contiguous.

> I guess that having a NUMA aware allocator could come
> in handy though, so guest domains get their memory from
> the right node wrt. to where they get CPU time scheduled.

Yep, it would probably be a mistake to overoptimize Xen on NUMA at this point,
but doing basic things like this makes sense.

Jesse