Re: [Xen-devel] [patch/unstable] page table cleanups

  Hi,

> The other is to change those unsigned longs into a physaddr_t which is
> u64 on 32-bit PAE systems.

I've considered doing something like that as well, but I don't think
that this is a good idea.

> I'm not fussed too much which way we go, but Ian has pointed out that
> the l*_pgentry_t types haven't actually found us any bugs (although I
> might argue that it has prevented any bugs ever getting as far as the
> master repository :-) ).

I'd argue that way as well.  The whole point of the "typedef { u{32|64}
l? } l?_pgentry_t" types and the access macros is to make the _compiler_
notice bugs, so they can't creep into the code base in the first place
because gcc refuses to compile the buggy code ;)

cheers,

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)