[Xen-devel] Migration questions

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Migration questions
From: Eric Tessler <maiden1134@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:29:56 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:32:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have the following questions regarding VM migration.

Is there a way to configure the TCP ports used by XEND and XFRD? I see that I can configure the listen ports on each daemon.  However I do not see a way to configure the ports that both of them use to connect to the opposite end (for example the port XFRD uses to connect to XEND).

Second, when a VM is migrated, is there a way to keep a permanent ID assigned to the VM?  For example, if I create my VM and assign it an ID of 500, when I migrate the VM to a new machine, will the VM still have an ID of 500?  My understanding is that XEN will assign a new ID to the VM.

Thanks,
Eric

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!