Re: [Xen-devel] Badness in local_bh_enable

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 10:03:35AM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> I'll wager that you compiled some external modules for your kernel and
> forgot to specify "ARCH=xen". i386 modules are sufficiently similar to
> xen/i386 modules that by some miracle many seem to limp along. In this
> case, the driver is probably trying to do cli/sti which are failing
> silently due to the ring 1 kernel having insufficient privilege. We've
> discussed virtualising iopl such that we could trap (and potentially
> emulate) such occurences.

Is there a way of telling if a module has not been compiled for Xen?

Its possible I might have on one occasion run 'make' with 'ARCH=xen' on
one occasion in the domU linux src directory. Then later realised by
mistake and recompile with the correct ARCH statement. So modules from
the previous non-ARCHed compile run might have polluted the modules and
been installed.

Nicholas