[Xen-devel] Re: xen, OpenMosix + pretty gui = virtual iron killer

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: xen, OpenMosix + pretty gui = virtual iron killer
From: David Rottenburg <david_rottenburg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:43:40 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:48:37 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Orran Y Krieger <okrieg <at> us.ibm.com> writes:

> The impression I got from a couple of questions to
> the speaker was that they supported DSM in the hypervisor, and that the
> Linux was not terribly aware.  OpenMosix + Xen could do much better
> I think.  Interesting synchronization questions to be worked out though.
>            -- Orran> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:04:35 -0000
> > To: "Denis Bohm" <denis <at> fireflydesign.com>,
> >    "Jerry Normandin" <jerryn <at> nfnnet.org>
> > Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen, OpenMosix + pretty gui = virtual iron
> killer

My understanding was that they completly virtualize the underlying hardware to
construct a large virtual SMP without any mods to the Linux kernel, very
different than what Xen does with its paravirtualization approach.  I wonder
how they solved false sharing problems in the kernel.

David