Re: [Xen-devel] autotoolizing xen?

On Friday 18 February 2005 17:03, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> autoconf does that for you.  I think the intention is just to
> autoconfize the tools/ directory.  You get all sorts of good things for
> free (cross-compilation support, separate build/src directories, etc.).

Oh, I wouldn't mind sticking the configure script into the root xen dir. I'd
love to do a configure --with-kernels="linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xen1"
--with-custom-kernel-builddir=../my_xen_stuff or something similar.

But you are right: I am concerned about the tools. Not even I do not see the
need to autotoolize the guestkernels and the xen hypervisor does not benefit
much from a configure script at this point. The later might change in time
though.

As I said: I am not stuck on using the autotools, but they seem to be the best
solution to this problem at the moment.

--
Gruss,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger           The box said: 'Windows 95 or better'
tobias@xxxxxxxxxxx                     So I installed Linux.