Re: [Xen-devel] -fpie or ssp (IBM stack hardening)

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] -fpie or ssp (IBM stack hardening)
From: Jerome Brown <jerome@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:11:33 +1300
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:12:44 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
B.G. Bruce wrote:
> Has anyone looked into how compatible XEN is with pie (-fpie) or ssp?

>From memory (it has been a while since I have tried due to xorg issues)
Xen itself _will_ compile and run with ssp and pie. However the kernel
will not (this is a standard kernel 'feature' - as mentioned previously
on this list it is probably better that it doesn't).

HTH

--
Jerome Brown
Technology Architect

P: +64  3 961-5116
M: +64 29 453 7663
F: +64  3 961-5129
E: jerome@xxxxxxxxxx
W: http://www.hub.net.nz/
O: Level 4, 818 Colombo St, Christchurch, New Zealand
S: PO Box 1879, Christchurch, New Zealand