[Xen-devel] Refcounting domains... is this a bug?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Refcounting domains... is this a bug?
From: Tobias Hunger <tobias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:03:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:05:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there!

I am having trouble destroying domains: The ref_count of the domain stays at
one, so it never gets properly destructed.

I looked a bit into the problem and I think it has something to do with the
grant_table.

When calling do_createdomain during creation of a domain the grant table is
set up and the reference count is incremented by the SHARE_PFN_WITH_DOMAIN
macro. During destruction of a domain the grant table seems to be completely
ignored... and thus the refcount stays 1 when Xen is done with the
DESTROYDOMAIN hypercall.

Could someone with a better understanding of the issue look into this
please... I am still reading up on all those memory issues a kernel has to
deal with:-)

--
Gruss,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger           The box said: 'Windows 95 or better'
tobias@xxxxxxxxxxx                     So I installed Linux.