Re: [Xen-devel] ATI Radeon 9600SE and intel-agp, again

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] ATI Radeon 9600SE and intel-agp, again
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 23:59:06 -0800
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 08:00:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
printk("trying to remap addr %p phys %p size %d to DOM_IO\n",addr, phys_addr, size);

    if (direct_remap_area_pages(&init_mm, (unsigned long) addr, phys_addr,
                    size, __pgprot(_PAGE_PRESENT | _PAGE_RW |
                           _PAGE_DIRTY | _PAGE_ACCESSED
                           | flags), DOMID_IO)) {

the printk says:
"trying to remap addr d0900000 phys 3ff00000 size 262144 to DOM_IO"

And the call fails in Xen who claims that dom0 and not dom_io owns these pages.

I have tried replacing DOMID_IO with DOMID_LOCAL, and then the call goes through, but I have no idea if it makes any sense doing that.

By the way, I just tried with an Nvidia graphics card in the machine, and the problem is the same, so it must be a problem with the chipset which is an Intel i875. The machine is a Dell Precision 380 workstation-class machine with a P4 3.2GHz and 1GB mem.

Jacob