[Xen-devel] Driver domain - NEW issue: IRQ handling error

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Driver domain - NEW issue: IRQ handling error
From: "B.G. Bruce" <bgb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:11:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:14:06 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay, I'm using a bk snapshot of testing as of 20:40 (-4:00) yesterday
so I'm pretty sure this hasn't been addressed already.

Symptom:

While running a "ping -f <some local host outside the box>" from dom0
where the physical nic is in a driver dom (bridged), after about 1
minute the connection dies and won't restart.  (even with a reboot of
the driver domain).

ex.  Dom0 vif1.0=10.1.1.1/24
     outside host=10.1.1.2/24

        e1000 driver dom = bridge containing physical e1000(eth0) and virtual
nic (eth1)

dmesg on dom0 gives:
irq 18: nobody cared!
 [<c012a4b7>]
 [<c012a547>]
 [<c0129f6c>]
 [<c010cd1b>]
 [<c0105c13>]
 [<c0108aa3>]
 [<c0106c05>]
 [<c0106c39>]
 [<c02e2621>]
handlers:
[<c020cdb6>]
[<cc94b867>]
Disabling IRQ #18

and a dmesg of the driver domain shows that the nic hooked IRQ 18:

Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 5.5.4-k2-NAPI
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Intel Corporation.
PCI: Obtained IRQ 18 for device 0000:01:01.0
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:01:01.0 to 64
e1000: eth0: e1000_probe: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection

Am I correct in that the interrupt that should have been sent to the
driver domain was instead sent to dom0?  or what happened?  If I don't
have the driver dom setup correctly, would someone please explain what
I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
B.