Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen kernel issue

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen kernel issue
From: Travis Newman <panickedthumb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:57:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:02:16 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The above should work. You mentioned in an earlier post that you'd done a make xconfig in the Linux directory - if you do that, you'll need to copy out the .config file to the path I mentioned above. Otherwise it'll get overwritten (by the file that happens to be at that path) when you make dist / world.

Another thing throwing me for a loop is that whenever I do manage to config the kernel and start building it (when I have made the changes I want to it) It gives me the following error, but this error does NOT come up if I don't change the default config.

  CC      drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.o
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c: In function `balloon_process':
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:209: error: `phys_to_machine_mapping' undeclared (first use in this function) drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:209: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:209: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:209: error: `INVALID_P2M_ENTRY' undeclared (first use in this function) drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:253: warning: implicit declaration of function `scrub_pages'
make[3]: *** [drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/xen/balloon] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/xen] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

So again, I am out of ideas... I can't use the default config because of a lack of features, but I can't change it because of errors... Unless there's something I'm missing somewhere (Which there very well may be) or something about my system is screwy.

So any help or pre-built kernels anyone wants to provide will be greatly appreciated :)