Re: [Xen-devel] Code size vs. linux source code compatibility in the hyp

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Code size vs. linux source code compatibility in the hypervisor
From: Tobias Hunger <tobias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:33:15 +0100
Cc: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:33:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Saturday 29 January 2005 13:24, Neugebauer, Rolf wrote:
> As part of the next release we plan to move most of the platform init
> code into dom0. This includes PCI & IO-APIC setup etc for which we
> currently need the ACPI parts. So hopefully most of the unnecessary code
> you identified and probably more will disappear.
> rolf

Great!

Is there any paper available about the distribution of responsibilities
between xen, dom0 and other domains in the next release? I saw several hints
at that here on the list, but I'd like to get the big picture. I am really
curious what you guys here came up with.

Is there a list of tasks and or bugs that can help newbies to get into xen?
I'd love to contribute to your project, but so far I have not really found a
good starting place.

--
Gruss,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger           The box said: 'Windows 95 or better'
tobias@xxxxxxxxxxx                     So I installed Linux.