Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xenning gentoo

> would be possible. As far as I can tell the kernel version is dependent
> on the xen version? Could one of the xen developers confirm this?

Although the Xen source repository always contains ports of the most recent
releases of Linux, the Xen <-> guest interface is stable within the 2.x
series.

In practical terms, this means any Linux that came from -stable or -testing
should run on any that came from -stable or -testing.

> Ideally, I'd like to be able to install version x.y.z of xen, and then
> install several different versions of the kernel tree using the same
> version of xen.

Fine.  Just don't mix Xen / Linux from the -unstable tree with images from the
other trees - the unstable tree has a different interface (which will evolve
into the standard 3.x series interface).

HTH,
Mark