[Xen-devel] traceroute causes xen reboot from virtual machines

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] traceroute causes xen reboot from virtual machines
From: prasoon jaiswal <prasoon.jaiswal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:24:50 +0530
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:16:32 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I have successfully installed xen 2.0  on debain linux 2.6.10. I have
two methods to get networking done namely routing and bridging. I am
using UML (user mode linux) mode of bridging as the vif-bridge was not
working for me. It was cutting off my Domain 0 connection from
internet when i start the vif-bridge. Anyway this is what i did to set
up the bridge.

    host# brctl addbr br0

    host# ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 promisc up

    host# ifconfig vif1.0 0.0.0.0 promisc up

    host# ifconfig br0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

    host# brctl stp br0 off

    host# brctl setfd br0 1

    host# brctl sethello br0 1

    host# brctl addif br0 eth0

    host# brctl addif br0 vif1.0

and bridge is successfully setup.. Now the problem starts... if i run
traceroute from Domain 1,2.. (child domains) linux BOOTS !!!

please look into it.

I know that i shud be using the bridge provided along with xen
(somehow that too isnt working) but UML method of bridging is equally
valid.

thanks in advance

Prasoon Jaiswal