Re: [Xen-devel] how to see the data changing in a running domain?

> OK, so I suppose that there is a (fixed) policy that determines when
> to "flush" the "dirty" data from the cache to the virtual disk? If I
> dont like to use NFS or other special filesystems, can I expect that
> after certain "timeout", I will see the updated data in domainU from
> domain0?

Dom0 will see the data but it'll likely just get confused if you're using a
conventional filesystem.  Ext, Reiser, etc, all assume that they have total
control of what gets written to the disk.  The filesystem driver in dom0 will
therefore get very confused if it sees stuff changing on the disk that it
didn't write itself - it'll just look like the hard disk corrupting on its
own.

A network filesystem or a cluster filesystem is really the only way to do this
sanely.

HTH,
Mark