[Xen-devel] VBD extents

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] VBD extents
From: Eric Tessler <maiden1134@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:24:10 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 04:19:56 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can anyone tell me what exactly the VBD extents are used for in the XEN back-end block device driver?  It almost looks like each virtual disk is made up of multiple physical drives if I read the code correctly (for each VBD grow message received by blkback, it opens a device and retreives various info such as its size).

Thanks,

Eric

Do you Yahoo!?