Re: [Xen-devel] XenDebugger-HOWTO

nsplitd allows you to use one serial port for both the debugger and the
console. It multiplexes the two by setting the high-bit on one and not
the other.

Sample - machine is named 'larry'
from /etc/services:
shemp0          6056/tcp                        # shemp console
shempnsplit     12016/tcp                       # shemp nsplit service

6056 is the port on the actual console server - 12016 is the port I
connect to on this machine to connect to the console

from /etc/xinetd.d/nsplit:

  service shempnsplit
  {
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.nsplitd
        server_args             = raidqa-cpt1:shemp0
        disable                 = no

  }

raidqa-cpt1 is the name of the console server -

I connect to shemp's console by on larry 12016, I connect gdb with
(gdb) target remote shemp:2345

Just to warn you. I've found PDB to be completely broken for the past
four months. If you get it to work, let me know what your setup is. If
you are debugging DOM0 or xen, it is pretty much your only option. If
you are debugging a guest, my debug patches work *much* better.

                                        -Kip