[Xen-devel] Questions regarding Interndomain communication

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Questions regarding Interndomain communication
From: Chotu <chotwo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:19:37 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:34:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I recently started exploring the Xen and was successfull in installing and
running Xen along with ttylinux (test guest OS) on it.
I had few questions regarding the same and I would appreciate if somebody could
help me understand these.

1. The documentation describes inter-domain communication.
My understanding is that Xen maintain two domains: dom0 for the control domain
and dom1 for the guest OSes.
So does the inter-domain communication imply communication between dom0 and dom1
or
it also implies communication among the guest OSes (like multiple instances of
ttylinux for instance)

2. What is the capabilities of this inter-domain communication? What is the
format and protocol which is used to send messages?
Is it network based data/events, I think not but?

3. Are there any examples of how to use the inter-domain communication...
meaning how to write/create messages etc.

4. Is it possible to be able to do auditing/logging in dom0 for the running
guest OSes.

So basically I am looking for capabilities of Xen and possibilities for
inter-domain communication
(or communication between dom0 and other guest OSes and also amongst guest OSes)

I would really appreciate any experiences and examples in this regard.

Thanks

Chotu