[Xen-devel] debian

Subject: [Xen-devel] debian
From: "James Harper" <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:41:00 +1100
Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:35:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just tried building a debian xen0 kernel with the standard make-kpkg tools and the packages from www.terrabox.com, and while it gave me a resulting package, I noted the following:

. resulting package name is kernel-xen0-2.6.9_1_i386.deb where I would have expected kernel-image-2.6.9…

. no initrd generated on install even though I requested one on the make-kpkg commandline

. enabling pnp bios support caused a failed compile. Probably don’t want this anyway though as I understand there is no way to access pnp bios info from xen.

Is this normal?

Thanks

James