Re: [Xen-devel] Newbie question: privileged vs. unprivileged domains

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Newbie question: privileged vs. unprivileged domains
From: "Mark A. Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:13:25 +0000
Cc: Tomas Karpati <karpati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:25:28 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

That's a cool configuration you're working on ;-)

> I compiled a 2.4.27-xen0 with support for all the devices as modules, and a
> 2.4.27-xenU with the default configuration (I tryed to add support to some
> pci cards but always return compiling errors).

The xenU configuration specifically doesn't support any real physical
hardware.  If you want a domain to drive real devices you should boot it with
a xen0 kernel (and modules).

> Another problem is that I have a USB keyboard (no ps2 or serial connectors
> on motherboard) and when rebooting dom1 or dom2 the server freezes. I tryed
> to connect with ssh from my laptop with no response.

Please clarify: are you saying that dom0 has a USB keyboard?  and that when
you reboot dom1 or dom2 the server freezes?  what makes you think this hasgot
to do with the keyboard?  Does Dom0 not even respond to pings on the ethernet
interfaces *it* controls?

Cheers,
Mark