Re: [Xen-devel] Inheriting CFLAGS

The modified ebuild on bugs.gentoo.org has a sed command to update the Rules.mk file to inherit the cflags that you set in make.conf

Is all go now (YAY!)

Jerome

A Streetcar Named wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:32:55 +0100, Jan Kundrát <jan.kundrat@xxxxxx> wrote:

CFLAGS  := -nostdinc -fno-builtin -fno-common -fno-strict-aliasing
CFLAGS  += -iwithprefix include -Wall -Werror -pipe
CFLAGS  += -I$(BASEDIR)/include -Wno-pointer-arith -Wredundant-decls

ifeq ($(optimize),y)
CFLAGS  += -O3 -march=pentium2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

It looks like the ebuild changed the last line above to that (I assume
your CFLAGS env variable is -O3 -march=pentium2 -pipe).  I didn't use
the ebuild, so I had the default line of CFLAGS  += -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer, and found that I had to add -nopie and
-fno-stack-protector to compile xen.

Perhaps -march=pentium2 fixed it for you?  Or perhaps those were just
somethings special I had to do on the crusoe?!?