Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with VBD

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 12:22:23PM +0000, Mark A. Williamson wrote:
> >     (device (vbd (uname phy:loop0) (dev xda1) (mode w)))
>
> Instead of running losetup and then using phy:loop0, you can now just specify
> file:/path/to/file

OK.. nice! I think this is missing from the docs..

> > Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)
>
> We've got rid of the xda devices - use the sd* and hd* devices instead, then
> it should work.
>
> Did you see xda in the documentation somewhere?  It'd be nice to know where
> it's still mentioned so that we can delete it!

hmm.. xda is used in the example-configuration..

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/xen-2.0-install.tgz

in install/etc/xen/xmexample1

btw. Is there any way to give more memory than the physical memory to
domains?

Say, I have 512 MB of physical RAM in the box, is it possible to create 4
domains each seeing 256 MB of RAM?

I guess no. This should be mentioned in the FAQ and in the docs.. I didn't
find answer to this question.

Thanks for your help! Xen 2 looks very good.

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^
                                .     .
                                 Linux