Re: [Xen-devel] question about network setting for domain1

To: Xin Zhao <zhaoxin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] question about network setting for domain1
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:57:18 +0100
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:15:12 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I followed your instructions and removed all ifcfg-ethX files in dom1.
> Unfortunately, this does not solve the proble. There must have some other
> problems.
>
> As I said before, my gateway of dom0 is 141.213.10.1. Shall I put it in
> configuration file of dom1 as the gateway of dom1? If so, the ip addr of
> dom1 is set to 192.168.0.188, how can it reach the gateway?  I am a little
> bit confused.

Yes, I think so! Your gateway needs to be in the same subnet as dom1.

I suggest setting the gateway for dom1 to be 192.168.0.1. Then add
that address to your public interface in dom0 (i.e., the one whose
primary address is 141.213.10.1) as an 'IP alias'.

A common way of doing this is (assuming your public interface is
eth0):
  ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.0.188 up
You may also need to add eth0:1 to the bridge in dom0, but probably not.

 -- Keir