[Xen-devel] Re: Run X in other domains?

Ok, I'm not nearly done experimenting, but since I won't have much time the
comming weeks/months (I'm getting married :-), I'll post here what I have
found so far.

1)
Booting two domains each with their own USB card, graphics card, and
sound card.
Domain 0 works as expected :-); lspci and lsusb show that the 'hidden'
hardware is indeed hidden :-)
Domain 1 correctly recognises the devices, and the lsusb and lspci show
the correct information.
I have not been able to get the framebuffer console to work on domain 1
yet, although I feel this should be possible if I just spent some more time
tweaking my system.
The usb devices seem to work correctly in domain 1.

Here's my grub.conf:
        http://hoth.xs4all.nl/~hurenkam/xen/grub.conf
Here's my domain1 config:
        http://hoth.xs4all.nl/~hurenkam/xen/head2
And here's the xenolinux config:
        http://hoth.xs4all.nl/~hurenkam/xen/config-2.4.27-xen0

2)
There may be another way to get X up and running in domain 1, there
seems to be an X patch that enables raw event drivers to be used instead
of the default keyboard.
I downloaded and installed the patched version for Fedora Core 2 (it's
available from here: http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser ) and
want to get this functional in domain 0 first, before trying domain 1. So
far, I got it to work somewhat, X responds to the usb keyboard, and not the
standard keyboard, however, the graphics behaviour is corrupted.
Looks like a promising path, but I need more time to experiment with this.

3)
I wanted to try a 2.6 kernel, but so far, I have not been able to find any
setting that enables USB support... I did read some posts about people having
USB working on 2.6, can someone point me to a working config?
The 2.6 kernel is reported to work better with the X solution chosen under 2),
and so I would like to try this as well :-)

If anyone has more info on what to try, or has some more succes, I would be
very interested to know.

Warm regards,
Mark.

P.S.
Another interesting place, where I found patches to get true dual head
functionality up on my Gentoo system can be found here:
http://startx.times.lv