Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with virtual disks in DomU

To: Stephen Childs <Stephen.Childs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with virtual disks in DomU
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:06:03 +0100
Cc: Mark Williamson <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:09:44 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are you getting a prompt after the fsck fails? I believe you
should if its the normal init scripts.

The fact that you ran all the init scripts means that the file
system must be accessible in the new domain and in reasonable
shape.

What does your /etc/fstab look like? Does it contain proper /dev/
entries or a LABEL= style? (It must contain the former as the
default kernel is not built with devfs).

What happens if you start prodding around the file system?
e.g. do a "find -type f | xargs cat >/dev/null". Do you get
errors or does it look OK? What happens if you run fsck manually?
(use the -N flag if you're chicken ;-)

BTW: what distro on what file system are you using?

Ian