Re: [Xen-devel] Xen unprivileged domain not booting

To: Will Andrews <andrewsw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen unprivileged domain not booting
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:13:05 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:26:09 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Are you sure you're exporting the partition read-write rather
> > than read-only? I guess that might result in 'short write' messages.
>
> "Exporting" it?  It's just a filesystem I set aside for Xen
> domain 1, it's not NFS mounted.

'exporting' is the term we use when telling xend/blkback to make
a given block device accessible from another domain.  E.g. The
following exports /dev/hda3 read-write to the new domain, where
it will appear as /dev/sda1:

 disk = [ 'phy:hda3,sda1,w' ]

In the above example, the sda1 is sometimes referred to as the
target or destination device.

Ian