RE: [Xen-devel] segfault in VM - FIXED!

To: Chris Andrews <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] segfault in VM - FIXED!
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:27:24 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:29:58 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm building this now.

The way I see it, currently it must be incorrect for only a very very small number of cases or the system would crash and burn almost instantly. So in theory, unless these cases are undetectable, or the cost of detecting them is high for some reason, the performance difference should be almost unnoticable

I assume the patch would only affect dom0 and so should matter if domU is patched or not. Is there a way of installing a patch so that it's picked up by 'make world'?

i'll follow up with results shortly.

James