Re: [Xen-devel] windows

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:44:18PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > I was wondering what the current state is with windows on xen?
>
> I don't think we're ever likely to see the current port available
> on 'general release'.
>
> It may (or may not) be possible to re-implement the XP port as
> just a new HAL, exploiting Xen's shadow pagetable support. It's
> something to look in to...

any idea then if/when this might happen if it does? and how
long it might possibly take if so? having tried out QEmu, to
see if it'd be feasible, it's horribly slow. without windows
support for xen i won't be able to run xen on my primary
server, which would be a shame.

> [Incidentally, does VMware even work recursively?]

Nope, appears not having googled a bit.

--
Jody Belka
knew (at) pimb (dot) org