RE: [Xen-devel] Re: almost working

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Niraj Tolia <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: almost working
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:37:33 +1000
Cc: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:48:39 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just for feedback's sake - I've been running an unprivileged xen domain which has been happily processing spam for over 24 hours. It is configured as a backup mail server and because the primary server is up, it only really gets spam (spammers love to hit MX records other than the lowest as they often aren't configured for spam filtering). It get's a message every few minutes or so.

It's running on an SMP machine with two virtual interfaces mapped to two physical interfaces in dom0.

my xen tree is probably 36 hours old or so and therefore probably doesn't have any of the recent fixes in it which from what i've read fix quite a few issues - none of which are affecting me thus far except for a reboot problem I saw a few days ago.

just a suggestion, could you put those rm's which you mention in a make option, eg make installflush. Maybe exclude /etc/xen from that though or only remove specific files from there though, i've modified at least one config file in there.

James