Re: [Xen-devel] still can't start domain

*** Resending this on to the list, just for the record, now that
*** sourceforge email is working again

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 08:30:00PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > I checked out and built the latest copy earlier today and now dom0 won't
> > boot. That's the first time that has happened in a few weeks, and probably
> > only because I checked it out at an unlucky time!
>
> Very strange.
>
> I've just done a pull of xeno-unstable and 'make world', and it
> boots fine for me, on two different machines.
>
> The last significant checkin was 21h ago, so I don't think there
> was a bad window. Please can you retry. Perhaps you tried booting
> mis-matched xen and xenlinux?

I've found this as well on my system today.

Old rev = 40ed42de9JFsw0T591T5jpnZ82grCw (20040708124934)
New rev = 40f14d93VNnMM_iUKi37Qk5Dj84vwA (20040711142419)

If i try and boot using the xen from the new rev, i get the
following error on the screen. it doesn't print to the
serial console:

(XEN) Unknown interrupt

Booting a dom0 from either rev works with the xen from the old
rev, as does starting a domN once the system is booted.

--
Jody Belka
knew (at) pimb (dot) org