Re: [Xen-devel] QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Support

To: Brian Wolfe <brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Support
From: Steve Traugott <stevegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:12:56 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:25:02 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 06:52:21PM +0000, Brian Wolfe wrote:
> Yeah, I'm still seeing a hang on the very last domain int he list.

*Interesting* -- I hadn't noticed anything like that, but I wasn't
looking for it.  It's not always the same root filesystem, is it?  If
you shuffle the order is it still always the last one that hangs?

> I haven't been able to track down what is causing it exactly. Up until
> now I thought that it's unique aspect of running apache wtih php5 beta
> 1 was causing it with OOM due to php5b1 memory leaks....

That sounds an awful lot like the /dev/random bug we had in 1.2.  I was
never able to duplicate it on purpose, but after linking /dev/random ->
/dev/urandom most of the hangs went away.

Steve
--
Stephen G. Traugott  (KG6HDQ)
UNIX/Linux Infrastructure Architect, TerraLuna LLC