Re: [Xen-devel] Interrupt handler in Xen?

To: Gu Nu <gnu04@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Interrupt handler in Xen?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:34:43 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:37:33 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bind_virq_to_irq() and bind_evtchn_to_irq() bind these various virtual
interrupt sources into Linux's normal irq-handling subsystem.

A common way of setting a handler for virq, for example, is:
 irq = bind_virq_to_irq(VIRQ_FOO);
 request_irq(irq, ...);

 -- Keir

> Hi, all
>
> I am reading Xen's source code. Currently it seems that I have some
> difficulty in finding the interrupt handlers of the virtual machine. In
> arch/xen/kernl/Evtchn.c, a fucntion
>      int bind_virq_to_irq (int virq)
> is defined to map virtual irq to irq. However, how can I find the handlers
> for these irq?
> Take the network interrupts as an example, in
> arch/xen/drivers/network/Network.c,
>  bind_virq_to_irq is called to set the interrupt handler. However, the source
> code is
>
>   network_irq = bind_virq_to_irq(VIRQ_NET);
>   No specific function pointers are mentioned in this process. So, how these
> interrupt
>  handlers are set?
>
>   Thanks a lot!
>
> Andy

 -=- MIME -=-
--0-751396119-1088414830=:89831

Hi, all

I am reading Xen's source code. Currently it seems that I have some difficulty
in finding the interrupt handlers of the virtual machine. In
arch/xen/kernl/Evtchn.c, a fucntion
     int bind_virq_to_irq (int virq)
is defined to map virtual irq to irq. However, how can I find the handlers for
these irq?
Take the network interrupts as an example, in
arch/xen/drivers/network/Network.c,
 bind_virq_to_irq is called to set the interrupt handler. However, the source
code is

  network_irq = bind_virq_to_irq(VIRQ_NET);
  No specific function pointers are mentioned in this process. So, how these
interrupt
 handlers are set?

  Thanks a lot!

Andy

--0-751396119-1088414830=:89831

<DIV>Hi, all</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am reading Xen's source code. Currently it seems that I have some
difficulty in finding the interrupt handlers of the virtual machine. In
arch/xen/kernl/Evtchn.c, a fucntion </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; int bind_virq_to_irq (int virq)</DIV>
<DIV>is defined to map virtual irq to irq. However, how can I find the handlers
for these irq?</DIV>
<DIV>Take the network interrupts as an example, in
arch/xen/drivers/network/Network.c,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;bind_virq_to_irq is called to set the interrupt handler. However,
the source code is </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; network_irq = bind_virq_to_irq(VIRQ_NET);</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; No specific&nbsp;function pointers are mentioned in this process.
So, how these interrupt </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;handlers are set?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; Thanks a lot!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Andy</DIV><p>
                <hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
<a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/50x/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/efficiency.html";>Yahoo!
 Mail</a> - 50x more storage than other providers!
--0-751396119-1088414830=:89831--