Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-Unstable : no eth0 when boot up

To: "Yan Li" <yan_li00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-Unstable : no eth0 when boot up
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:31:41 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:33:06 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I used to use xen 1.2,and it worked fine. Now I wanna to try out the xen gdb
> debug stub, so switched to xen-unstable.
>
> I just 'make world' and 'make install', according to the README.And the grub
> configure is like:
>
> title Xen_1.3 / XenoLinux_1.3 2.4.26
>         kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 com1=115200 8n1 noht
>         module /vmlinuz-2.4.26-xen0 root=/dev/hda5 ro concole=tty0 3

There should be a comma in the "com1=115200,8n1".

Also, you probably don't need the "console=tty0" (in which you
have a typo anyway).

> But when booting up, it doesn't have network connection. Only has localhost
> domain name and 127.0.0.1 address.

What Ethernet card do you have in the machine (i.e. what's the
name of the driver you use under Linux)?  It's possible that the
default dom0 config currently doesn't include it, though we tried
to include most popular cards.

You can enable it in the normal way by going into
linux-2.4.26-xen0 and editing .config and then doing a "make dep"
"make dist".

Ian