[Xen-devel] Using the C library

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Using the C library
From: marconi@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:21:41 -0300
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:28:42 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I want to start a domain from my C program. But it's not very clear how to do
so.

I figured out some things, so far I got:
xc_interface_open
xc_domain_create
xc_linux_build

But from here, I must define the partitions, and the network. And then start
the
domain, right? But, how? :)

I want to make /dev/hda3 available read-only as /dev/hda1. And /dev/hda5
available rw as /dev/hda2. In the vbd structures, the device is an unsigned
short. Should I shift the device major 8 bits, and add the minor?

And about the network, simply setting the parameters in the cmdline
(xc_linux_build) will do the job, or do I have to do something else?

If there is a place to get C examples, will be of great help.

Thanks,
Marconi.