[Xen-devel] Seamlessly sharing identical memory pages among domains

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Seamlessly sharing identical memory pages among domains
From: "Scheer, Roque" <roque.scheer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:18:50 -0300
Cc: "ROQUE SCHEER (Scheer, Roque)" <roque.scheer@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2004 01:55:58 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'd like to know if XEN is or will be implementing any mechanism for
transparently sharing pages with identical content among domains, to
minimize memory consumption, similar to what is implemented in VMWare's
ESX server (chapter 4 of the paper whose link is below).

http://www.waldspurger.org/carl/papers/esx-mem-osdi02.pdf

Thanks,
- Roque