Re: [Xen-devel] suspending a domain in the ngio world

To: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] suspending a domain in the ngio world
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 00:21:44 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 May 2004 00:23:27 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The dd is running in DOM1. The OOM killer is getting run in DOM0.
> There is clearly a memory leak in the block I/O path.

Now fixed. It turned out to be rather blatant.

> On a side note - I don't need suspend/restore, I just need coredump and
> almost immediately after that PTRACE_STOP. So long as I can stop the
> domain long enough to write out its state I have what I need.

A pause operation will be coming up soon, as part of a cleanup of the
scheduler interface in Xen. This will fix the problem that there's
currently no way to stop a domain without having it suspend itself.

 -- Keir