Re: [Xen-devel] Xen+coLinux / coXen

To: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacob@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen+coLinux / coXen
From: "Digital Infra, Inc." <okajima@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:35:45 +0900
Cc: Xen list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:39:23 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sorry, wrong english.

you can same -> you can use same.

-----
Hello Hansen.

if you want to know right details, my answer is "go Canada and attend OLS".
Aloni will hold a lecture of coLinux there.
but quick answer is below.

first, I give you a quick overview of coLinux architecture.

 - vmlinux of coLinux is modified version of Linux.
   very interesting point is, you can same binary image for both
   linux.sys and linux.ko.
   this means, you can "live migrate" between Windows and Linux.
 - linux.sys is virtualizing driver for Windows XP/2k/4.0
   and probably not only 4.0, but also 3.1 and 3.5 and 3.51.
   someone prove it!.
 - linux.ko is for linux host.
   this is kernel module, so you dont have to modify your kernel.
   basically, what you have to do is, just "# insmod linux.ko".

then, the answer for you is, "no, linux.sys does not contain any of linux
kernel."

          --- Okajima.