Re: [Xen-devel] memory fault

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] memory fault
From: David Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:56:58 -0400
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:59:39 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"  Can you repeat with hardware other than eepro100? (Our test
" machines have tg3 and e1000 cards).

Yes we have tg3 hosts that crash but they do not have heads or serial
lines so thats not much help.   The cluster with serial access had to be reset
to stock Linux so the project could proceed.

"  Can you reproduce reliably using the ttcp test program?

No.  At some point with xen-1.2 I could trigger a crash with traffic
generators.   The generators didn't crash 1.3, so it was put into service.

" the transmitter that blows up?)

The app involved is an overlay network streaming data so flows are
bi-directional.  The app is a memory pig with lots of threads and sockets.

"  Can you cause the bug to trigger with just one domain running on
" each machine?

Possibly.  That will required some work to make the dom-0 image on that
cluster run on another network.

"  Can you cause the bug to trigger with the machine booted "nosmp"?

I'll try that when I have a chance.   These oops were with uni's on
dual-capable motherboards.