Re: [Xen-devel] /etc/xc/defaults question..

To: I RATTAN <rattan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] /etc/xc/defaults question..
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:10:32 +0100
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rolf Neugebauer <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:12:55 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I am looking at xeno-1.2-install.tgz from download URL.
>
> The tar file wrt to ./install, so
> do I copy the files to respective dirs in the underlying system?

Yes. The only possible problem is that the Python modules may not end
up in the right place to get found by your Python installation. In
which case you may need to set the PYTHONPATH environment variable, or
manually work out teh correct place to put the modules (it'll be
somthing like /usr/lib/python-2.2/site-packages).

> Also, the same defaults file problem is visible: (I have / on /dev/hda1
> and swap /dev/hda2):
>
> vbd_list = [ ('phy:sda%d'%(7+vnid),'sda1','w'), ('phy:sda6','sda6','r') ]
> cmdline_root = "root=/dev/sda1 ro"
> cmdline_extra = "4 VMID=%d usr=/dev/sda6"%vmid
>
> /dev/sda sounds like SCSI, so how to replace it by IDE. Is there
> some other trick to create other domains??

It doesn't matter -- it's not /really/ SCSI. It's just the name the
teh virtual device appears as in the other guest. What you do need to
change is:
 vbd_list = [ ('phy:sda%d'%(7+vnid),'sda1','w'), ('phy:sda6','sda6','r') ]

The former binds the name 'sda1' in the guest to real physical device
sda(7+vmid), and 'sda6' to realy physical device sda6. These need to
be changed to appropriate partitions on hda.

 -- Keir