Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable networking

To: Chris Andrews <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable networking
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:16:00 +0000
Cc: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:18:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> That seems to work fine: this rule gives domain 1 access to the vpn,
> and with a NAT rule in domain 0, access to the Internet:
>
> ADD ACCEPT srcaddr=192.168.101.1 srcaddrmask=255.255.255.255 dst=ANY
> srcdom=1 srcidx=0 dstdom=0 dstidx=0 proto=any
>
> Is there a way to see what the VFR rules currently are? /proc/xen/vfr
> can be read but returns nothing. Also, is there any way to flush the
> VFR rules?

You can delete a rule by echoing a DELETE command to
/proc/xen/vfr. e.g., to delete the rule you give as an example above,
you would send the following to /proc/xen/vfr:

DELETE ACCEPT srcaddr=192.168.101.1 srcaddrmask=255.255.255.255 dst=ANY
srcdom=1 srcidx=0 dstdom=0 dstidx=0 proto=any

Deletion doesn't get much testing -- hopefully it won;t wedge the
machine. :-)

To print the VFR rules, 'echo PRINT >/proc/xen/vfr'. This prints the
rule list in a hideous format onto Xen's emergency console(!). We
ought to have a better 'get rules' interface really, but teh VFR will
go away with teh new IO world in a short while.

 -- Keir