Re: [Xen-devel] Via Cyrix 3 II / CentaurHauls Nehemiah support

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Via Cyrix 3 II / CentaurHauls Nehemiah support
From: Sean Atkinson <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:53:24 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:57:25 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Fixed!  Attached is a patch for the current unstable tree to enable
support for the Via C3-II.  It allows the CPU in Xen itself, adds it to
the Xenolinux CPU config (although this is equivalent to a regular 686
for now), and also lets Xenolinux initialise it.  I just copied the
relevant sections of code from the regular Linux source, and it seems to
work fine.

Also attached are dmesg outputs from patched Xen and DOM0 running on the
Nehemiah, plus /proc/cpuinfo from Red Hat 9 and DOM0.  Apart from the
CPU MHz changing slightly (as they often do between reboots), I notice
DOM0 also includes the xstore flag and that the bogomips are almost 10
times the MHz, rather than almost double.  Other than that it all looks
pretty standard, which is comforting.

Incidentally I also had to connect a PS/2 keyboard since the USB
keyboard wasn't recognised.  Somehow both then allowed input, although
the Num Lock changes only affected the PS/2 keyboard which prevented the
right side of the USB keyboard from being used for letters (it's a mini
laptop style thing and defaults to Num Lock on).  Are there any thoughts
on adding USB support yet?

Cheers,

Sean.

--