[Xen-devel] RPM spec file

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] RPM spec file
From: Sean Atkinson <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:47:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:49:26 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've created the attached spec file to allow Xen to be packaged in RPM
files.  It's been tested with the current stable source, and works for
both Red Hat 9 and Fedora Core 1.

As commented in the file, xenolinux is not included.  We could include
the sparse source tree for manual builds or automatically build the
default configuration against clean Linux source, but it doesn't seem to
be worthwhile yet.

I notice that non-i386 build targets (e.g. athlon) are ignored.  Would
it be worth automatically building with different CFLAGS in
xen/arch/i386/Rules.mk (e.g. -march=athlon) to speed Xen up?

Cheers,

Sean.

--
Sean Atkinson <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>